ULF is located in the hearthland of the Portuguese industrial live, in the district of Braga. Near Famalicao are located two of the most important Portuguese cities (Porto and Braga), as well as a network of dynamic small cities: Guimarães, Barcelos, Vila do Conde and Póvoa do Varzim.
How to get to the University:
From Porto Airport:
Take the Metro to Campanhã Station: trains every 5 minutes. Cost: 2 Euros.
Duration: 20 minutes.
Take the Train in Campanhã to Famalicão: trains every hour, and in peak hours every 30 minutes. Cost: 1.85 Euros. Duration: 40 minutes.
By Taxi: Around 35 Euros
From Lisbon Airport:
Take the taxi to Oriente Station in Lisbon: Price: 8 Euros with luggage. Duration: 10 minutes.
Take the Alfa Pendular directly to Famalicão (30 Euros) or to Porto Campanhã (28.5 Euros). To Famalicão 4 times a day, to Porto almost every hour.
Take the Train in Campanhã to Famalicão: trains every hour, and in peak hours every half an hour. Cost: 1.85 Euros. Duration: 40 minutes
Famalicão is a small city. Most of the locations are within walking distance from the University. Bus transport is assured by Transportes Urbanos de Famalicão (TUF). Taxis are available.
Famalicão is in the centre of a multi city region including, Porto, Braga, Guimarães, Barcelos, Vila do Conde, and Santo Tirso. All those cities are reachable by train, by bus and by taxi.
- Hotel Cidnay: http://www.hotel-cidnay.pt/
Important websites about Famalicão are the following:
- Town Hall Site: http://www.cm-vnfamalicao.pt/
- City Site: http://www.vilanovadefamalicao.org/
- Camilo Castelo Branco House: http://www.camilocastelobranco.org/
- Textile Museum: http://www.museudaindustriatextil.org/
- Bernardino Machado Museum: http://www.bernardinomachado.org/
- Municipal Library: http://www.bibliotecacamilocastelobranco.org/
- Arts House: http://www.casadasartes.blogspot.com/
- Fundação Cupertino de Miranda: http://www.fcm.org.pt/